Hold a Book Drive to raise awareness about the impact of book poverty on children’s lives whilst directly supporting your local community. Invite employees to bring in books that their children have grown out of or to purchase and donate a favourite book from their own childhood.
Organisations based within the M25 books are asked to box up their collected books and have them delivered to our Book HQ in W10 where they are sorted and boxed for onward gifting.
Organisations based outside the M25 are asked to sort and box their collected books prior to delivering them themselves to one of our registered recipient organisations. Alternatively they can have them delivered to our Book HQs in Birmingham, Leeds and Oxford.
Register your Book Drive here
How to run your book drive
- Register your Book Drive so that we can support and celebrate you.
- Pick a date (up to a week is often ideal)
- Promote your event using our videos, posters and other materials
- Set your community a challenge e.g. to collect 500 children’s books
- Count, sort and celebrate the books donated!